Material Selection, Design and Development
Do you want to have a polymer or composite part fabricated but are not sure what is the best process to use or which material is right for the application? Simply let us know the properties required for your part or application. We will work with you to select the most cost-effective material having suitable properties for your part. If you wish, we can also help you prototype, manufacture, and evaluate the part.
Are you already making the part but having problems with its fabrication process or its end use performance characteristics? For example, perhaps your polymer does not have adequate melt flow to fill the mold unless the temperature is made so high as to cause significant thermooxidative degradation. Or perhaps your fabricated part fails prematurely and/or catastrophically during use, and you need to figure out why and then find a way to fix the problem. Again we can help.
We solve polymer and composite material selection, design and development problems by providing:
- Information, insights, and recommendations on the selection of materials for specific applications; based on our wealth of knowledge, experience, and electronic databases of product, process and market data.
- Breadth and depth of expertise in formulation-structure-processing-morphology-property-performance relationships in polymers and composites.
- ISO-9001 certified analytical laboratory facilities and expertise to measure structure and properties.
- State-of-the-art product research and manufacturing laboratory facilities and expertise to accelerate product development.
- State-of-the-art composite material testing laboratory facilities and expertise.
- State-of-the-art textile testing laboratory facilities and expertise.
- Leading edge business, market and technical intelligence resources.
Our emphasis is on delivering reliable results as rapidly and cost-effectively as possible. Please contact us to discuss your material selection, design and development needs. The first consultation session is always provided free of charge.