Product Research and Development
Do you have general ideas on products that you want to develop but are not sure precisely where the best opportunities are or what the competitive landscape looks like? Have you already determined exactly which opportunities to pursue but need some help with figuring out which materials to use and how to develop and implement the best manufacturing process technologies? Do you need manufacturing, material characterization, product testing, prototyping and troubleshooting laboratory resources, as well as expert guidance, to accelerate your work? Do you have documentation needs related to your technology? Wherever you may be in your product research, development and commercialization ventures, we can help. In working with us, you will receive the quality of services that you require and deserve from a team of professionals who care about your specific needs and who have the ability to address these needs successfully.
We accelerate product design, research and development (R&D), manufacturing and commercialization by providing:
- Technology, business and market opportunity assessments and competitive intelligence.
- Ideation and concept shaping during exploratory R&D.
- Continued consultation services throughout the entire product development cycle.
- Access to world-class manufacturing, material characterization, product testing, and prototyping laboratory facilities and expertise.
- Technical writing needed by our clients in their product and process research, development and marketing efforts.
If you prefer to learn more about what we do and how we do it before you contact us, please see the further information provided below.
We help companies navigate through all stages of product R&D. We can begin helping at any stage of your product R&D cycle. We provide many choices on how to work with us, to meet your needs to your maximum possible satisfaction.
Dr. Bicerano surveys technologies and markets of interest to our clients and provides well-informed confidential strategic and tactical recommendations on how to proceed. Our strategic alliances include a provider of leading edge business, market and technical intelligence resources. The manner of delivery of our findings can range from informal suggestions made during meetings or teleconferences to formal opportunity identification presentations and single-client or multi-client reports. Our reports are much more than mere literature surveys. They reflect the results of the “in depth” evaluation of the “opportunity space” in the technology and market area of interest to our clients. We help in ideation and concept shaping during exploratory R&D. We are then available to provide further help and guidance throughout the entire product development and commercialization effort through our expertise in polymers and composites, as well as through access to the product development laboratory resources summarized below. Our technical writing services include the writing and editing of "white papers", books, manuals, brochures, reports, press releases, and proposals for our clients.
Affiliated Product Development Laboratory Resources
Valuable additional resources (equipment, facilities, services, and areas of expertise) are available from our strategic partner for product R&D when a product development effort advances beyond the exploratory phase:
- Manufacturing facilities: Manufacturing equipment and space for prototype production runs and networks to provide additional resources.
- Material and product testing: Processes and equipment for quality testing new parts and materials. Plastics, metals and construction materials can all be tested.
- Patents and trademarks: Leading our clients through the search and patenting process so that their new inventions and products can receive patent protection.
- Product and process development: Help from experienced technical staff and state-of-the-art laboratory facilities in making your ideas for new products and/or processes become a reality.
- Prototype creation: Help with computer-aided design (CAD) and with building actual prototypes or models, to clients who are developing a new product or part, and to clients who are reengineering an existing product or part.
Equipment, laboratory facilities and high levels of expertise are available for working with plastics, metals, films, suspensions, solutions, coatings, and most construction materials, from concept to finished product.
The following is a partial list of the available resources:
- Computer-aided design (CAD).
- Computer-aided manufacturing (CAM).
- Plastics manufacturing (injection molding, extrusion, blow molding).
- Mechanical property (tensile, torsion, compression, hardness, abrasion, indentation, impact, fatigue) measurement.
- Rheological property measurement.
- Foundry, metal forming, and metalography.
- Machine and pattern shop.
- Welding (arc, gas, MIG, spot, TIG, ultrasonic).
- Spectroscopy (infrared, UV/Visible, NMR, light scattering, microspectrophotometry, X-ray, electrochemical impedance, dielectric reflection).
- Chromatography (gas, size exclusion, liquid).
- Mass spectrometry.
- Microscopy (high-resolution imaging, scanning probe).
- Corrosion testing.
- Optical surface profilometry.
- BET gas-adsorption surface area analysis.
- Particle size analysis, classification, and fractionation.
- UV curing.
- Pigment dispersion.
- Spray equipment (conventional, airless, electrostatic, powder).
- Near-infrared moisture meter.
- Equipment for designing, preparing and testing textiles.
Other laboratory resources that can be deployed to help meet your product R&D needs are available through our strategic partner for material testing and characterization, as well as from a composite material testing laboratory and a textile testing laboratory with which we have partnered in order to best serve the specialized needs of our clients in the areas of advanced composites and of textiles respectively. A powerful network of additional experts and laboratory resources, with a wide variety of other advanced techniques and equipment available, further enhances our ability to serve as a comprehensive Solution Provider for your polymer and composite product R&D needs.